Want to know what is cystitis and how to say them goodbye? This article is for your help. It will explain the problem in detail and also share home remedies for cystitis. This problem of Mutrakrichha (Cystitis) is mainly caused due to an imbalance of Vata and Pitta doshas (out of 3 main doshas in the body i.e. Vata, Pitta, and Kapha). There are various remedies (upchaaras) in the heart of Ayurveda to deal with this infection.
Cystitis treatment in Ayurveda is the most efficient way of managing this and preventing it from occurring again. Ayurvedic treatment is well known to give long-term results. When some bacteria enter the body through mutra dwara or urethra, it is the beginning of infection. The immunity or defense system of the body can kill this bacteria and the infection can be avoided. However, if the bacteria survives and reaches the bladder it then multiplies and causes Mutrakrichha. Mainly the causes of cystitis are pitta increasing diet and lifestyle (aahara and vihara).
Pitta-increasing foods are:
- Deeply fried foods with trans-fats
- Spicy foods
- Sugary drinks or sweets
- Refined flours
- Processed foods
- Carbonated drinks
Some other causes of cystitis or Mutrakrichha are:
- Weak immune system
- Less intake of water
- Suppressing the natural call or urge to urinate. (Vega Dharana)
- Overexposure to sunlight.
- Some other diseases like diabetes
Having understood the causes of Mutrakrichha, one might want to know if they are suffering from it or not. Well, if a person has Pittaj Mutrakrichha, then there are going to be many symptoms in the body.
Some of the common cystitis symptoms are:
- A burning feeling that follows urination
- A strong, ongoing need to pee but producing little urine.
- Urine that is red, dark, hazy, or smells strange
- Feeling worn out or feeble
- Fever (jwar)
- Pain in the side (flank), abdomen, or pelvis
- Soreness in the pelvic region
So these indications in the body can be a call that your body is suffering from Cystitis. However, it is not very difficult to say goodbye to this problem.
HOME REMEDIES FOR CYSTITIS
Ayurvedic medicines (oushadhis) have been used for ages in cystitis treatment. It involves some easy ways like drinking a lot of water or eating green veggies. As per Ayurvedic philosophies, aahara and vihara (diet and lifestyle) are the pillars of good health and healing. These methods are:
Fulfill your water levels
Mutrakrichha or cystitis is mainly a problem of infection in the bladder. So drinking more and
more water will help in throwing the bacteria out of the body. Drink fresh juices like
- Pineapple juice
- Cranberry juice
- Orange juice
- Lemon juice
- Wheatgrass juice
- Apple juice
- Other fresh juices.
One can also add herbal drinks to their diet. Just boil some herbs thoroughly in the water and then drink it. These herbs can be
- Fennel seeds
- Coriander seeds
- Basil leaves
- Mint leaves
All these are very soothing and cooling in nature which will clean the body from inside. Also one can add soup to their diet, especially as dinner. It will give all the important nutrients and also fulfill the water levels in the body.
2. Quit irritating your bladder
All the Pitta dosha imbalance foods are bad for mutrakrichha, so the patient must avoid these foods at all costs. All these foods will produce a lot of heat in the system and it will further cause pain in the bladder. Especially, eating more fiber in the diet (aahara) like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Eating yogurt is also a very good option for the problem of cystitis (Mutrakrichha).
3. Develop healthy habits
There are some habits that will be helpful in getting rid of these cystitis:
- Eat scheduled meals
- Do yoga and gentle stretching
- Wear cotton and loose-fitting clothes and cotton innerwear should be preferred.
- Use dry clothes after the bath.
- Do not go in extreme heat and sun or near furnaces and boilers.
- Do not hold the urge to urinate as it retains toxins in your system.
4. Go green
As per Ayurvedic texts, eating green vegetables is the best way to clean the colon and kidneys. It will clean the bacteria-causing agents from inside. Some of the vegetables that you can eat are:
- Bitter Gourd
- Green Pumpkin
- Snake Gourd
5. Stay clean
The main reason for the problem of Mutrakrichha or Cystitis is poor sanitation and unhygienic habits and environment. So the best way to deal with this problem is to take care of your cleanliness.
- One must be careful with personal hygiene, vaginal cleaning should be done properly, as proper cleaning reduces the chances of bacterial growth.
- Wipe from front to back after defecation.
- Urinate before and after sexual activity and properly maintain hygiene in your genital area.
- Avoid dampness and moisture in or around genitals that can cause urinary infections or Mutrakrichha.
- After urination, wipe from front to back to keep bacteria away from the urethra.
So these are some of the tactics that can be used at home to reduce the infection. However, it is best to go to an Ayurvedic doctor for proper treatment. A vaid or vaidya (Ayurvedic practitioner) will check the constitution of the body (prakriti of shareera) and will check your medical history. After understanding your case history they will make a personalized treatment plan for you. So go and see a doctor.
Visit our website for more.